Monday, May 30, 2011

Andriod Emulator - Trouble shooting

Problem:

When I use MapActivity, I can see grid of the map and zoom controls. But I cannot see the map.

Causes:
1. You have not set up mapkey in xml file properly. Check this to find out how.
or
2. Your map does not have a default location to show. Set up default location as follows:
On windows command line, type
telnet localhost 5554
geo fix -120.62 35.29
This will set a location for map to show.

or
3. You do not have internet connection




I cleaned up build and I cannot find R.java anymore

Causes:
There should be some error in one of the xml files. Correct it. Once xml files are correct, building project  will create R.java automatically.

How can I find logcat on Android emulator 
Open DDMS by
Go to windows > Open Perspective > DDMS

Then open logcat by
Window > Show view > logcat

Emulator is taking the whole screen. How can I resize emulator

Go to Window> Android SDK and AVD Manager
Select emulator and click on edit.
Enter width and height at Resolution fields under Skin to set new resolution.



No comments:

Post a Comment